Interesting things I've learned already this new year -- things that might end up in my writing some time.
1. A wooden toilet seat burns up completely in about an hour.
2. A wooden toilet lid burns up completely in about three and a half hours.
3. If a cat sits on a Hershey kiss, it will melt inside the foil.
4. Raccoons will eat the dry cat food first, then eat the stale chocolate cookies, and then eat the popcorn.
5. If you go through the pockets of some slacks that you haven't worn in years, you could find a $5 bill crumpled up inside.
6. Just because a previous wall calendar stayed up all year on a metal peg doesn't mean the 2011 calendar will stay up...not even for two seconds.
7. A jello salad will not stay eatable indefinitely. Longer than a week and you will have soup in that container.
8. A mouse running around in the skylight is quite interesting to a cat.
9. When you finally figure out what you want to do with the old window seat cushion, it's too expensive to do.
10. All light bulbs are not created equal -- some don't give out much light.
If you ever come across any of these in a book of mine, you can tell yourself how clever you are to remember you read them here first. Happy new year to all of us...