Across the Pond...in books and in person.

Welcome! Since I write two English mystery series, I thought it would be fun to chat about that. And about England. Specifically, Derbyshire, since that is the county I know the best. If you have questions about my books, about mysteries or your own writing, or want to know something about England -- perhaps you're planning a visit -- I'd love to talk with you. Let's start chatting, shall we?

Derbyshire VIllage

Derbyshire VIllage

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

In the Running

I just got word -- well, I just got email -- from my publisher, L&L Dreamspell.  EPIC, the Electronically Published Internet Coalition™ (www.epicauthors.com) has announced that L&L's mystery anthology, The Mystery of the Green Mist, is a finalist in the Anthology Non-Fiction/Fiction Category of the 2011 EPIC eBook Awards Competition™.  My short story The Clue in the Crumbling Cottage is included in Green Mist.  The winner of this Category will be announced at their annual conference, held in Williamsburg, Virginia, March 10-13, 2011.  This is very exciting to hear that the book is in the running for the award.  The story is about a teenaged Brenna Taylor, who is a co-leader taking her Girl Guides troop camping.  Of course there's a murder and Brenna solves it, much to the amazement of the local police.  It starts her thinking about a career in the police force.  All the stories in this anthology are pseudo Nancy Drew type stories.  It was a lot of fun to write and made me think of what Brenna was like as a teen.  If anyone is interested, the book is available for purchase through Amazon.com.  (Even if you aren't interested, the book is still available for purchase through Amazon.com.)  Five months is too long to keep my fingers crossed, so I'll just say a quick prayer and leave it up to the universe that the anthology wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment